A small and large piece vacuum feeder provides a unique method of rapidly feeding a high production ironer
RAPID FEED is a powerful and extremely compact vacuum feeder designed to produce more linen with top quality leading and trailing edges and less operator effort in high volume feeding applications. It can be used with small or large pieces and will improve both the quantity and quality of pieces fed. When placed in front of a high production ironer, Rapid Feed can be operated in one to five or more lanes, depending on item size.
Operators merely place linen above the front edge of the specially designed vacuum chamber which then stretches and holds wet linen firmly on the feed conveyor. A high speed doffer roll helps to rapidly advance pieces through the system so operators can quickly handle the next item. Optional guide wheels hold down linen’s leading edge while a vacuum chamber pulls back, agitates, and smoothens the entire linen item and its trailing edge. A specialized doffer roll at the top of the exit conveyor then grips the leading edge, preventing large pieces from being pulled back by the powerful vacuum. At the exit, a low pressure air bar ensures no flipped corners on the leading edge of large pieces, while an adjustable stainless steel bar holds down the trailing edge to prevent it from snapping into the ironer. The result is a very high volume of pieces properly stretched and presented to the ironer for high-quality finishing. All in a newly designed compact footprint that is less than 50” (1276mm) front to rear.
- Improves ergonomics and working conditions for employees by reducing the movement required thousands of times each day
- Perforated ribbons allow greater air-flow for consistent vacuum suction across the inlet table
- Powerful, controlled air streams hold, smooth and stretch flatwork
- Ideal for high quality finishing of pillowcases, napkins and table linen
- Most often used in 4 or 5 lane configuration depending on piece width
- Operator handling time per piece is significantly reduced
- May also be used to feed large tablecloths, sheets and duvet covers for increased finish quality
- Variable speed adjustable to cater for different throughputs
- Reduces gap between fed pieces keeping ironer covered and at maximum production
- Clearvue linen inspection light bridge
|Product code||RAPID FEED|
|Capacity||Length - 3048mm, 3454mm|